Sunday, December 20, 2015

Laneah's Baptism



Laneah chose to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We were very proud of her for making that decision. Her birthday was on a Sunday and she wanted to be baptized on her birthday. My parents flew in for the baptism and Christmas and Alex, Christy and her family were able to come as well.

Alex gave a talk on baptism and my mom gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.

Laneah wanted her dad to baptize her.
Our ward building has water issues and several of the kids have been baptized in cold, brown water. Laneah's water was warm, but it was brown. I told her it was authentic, like being baptized in a river like Jesus was. Laneah and I also thought it was better that it was warm and brown than clear and freezing.











After her baptism, she said she felt "warm and very happy"






Laneah with two of her best church buddies, Scarlette and Maddie.











I made a bunch of cute decorations and barely had time to put it all together so I didn't get any photos of it until after all the kids descended upon it. I tried to get a few shots of it anyway.







It was a wonderful experience and I am so happy for and proud of Laneah.

0 comments: