Monday, October 31, 2011

October Happenings

May, October and December are the three busiest months of the year for me. I have already done lots of posts but there are a million other things that we did with cute pictures and I wanted to make sure that they ended up in my book. So here are a bunch of random things that we did in October.


The first weekend in October was general conference. My cousin Thomas and his family came up Sat night and Sunday. Saturday was Thomas' birthday so we had a little party for him.
Laneah and Maddison
I really wanted Laneah to listen to some of General Conference this year so I made these bowls of candy with pictures and a word (I saw the idea on a couple of different sites). Each time that word was said and you heard it, you got one piece of candy from the bowl with that word on it. It really motivated Laneah and Maddi(Thomas' daughter, 4) to listen.
For the adults we made this apple pie filling and cinnamon chips. Oh my gosh, it was amazing!!! If you want the recipe just leave me a comment with your email if I don't have it.
We finally went and saw Kidsinger Jim. Laneah had been begging to go again for months, but it just hadn't worked out. My mom was in town and got to come with us. They had a cute little station where you could make instruments and color your own paper guitar. 


The girls were jamming out as they were doing their crafts.
I love this video of Laneah; she looks so grown up.
We also went to Kinder Farm park with some friends. The park is great and the kids loved seeing all the different animals there. 


Laneah and I made ghost pizza for dinner one night. It was fun and yummy.


I went with my best friends Kami and Jessica to a spa. We had purchased facials through Groupon (love Groupon) and we used them to celebrate Kami's birthday. None of us had ever had facials and it was amazing. I got a pumpkin enzyme facial and my face was glowing. We had a great time. 


We went to a Halloween Party at the library. They had stories, songs, a craft and a costume parade.

 It SNOWED!!! I am so not ready for winter. Laneah loved it though. She played in it for a half an hour until it was time to go. 


 Laneah had her Halloween party at preschool. The kids were so cute. 
 They danced to Ghostbusters
My dad came to visit, or Papa as the girls call him. Brooklyn has such a special bond with my dad. Laneah loves him too, but like with all men, she is a little reserved. Brooklyn sometimes preferred Papa to me. The girls loved having him here and so did I.


 Brooklyn went to Lottie's Minnie Mouse birthday party. She was pretty grumpy because I had to wake her up early from her nap, but after she ate she had fun.




 My dad took us to lunch and the girls to ride the train on Saturday. We ride the train every time we go to the mall.



October is a fun month, but I am sure glad it is over. 

2 comments:

Nana said...

What great pictures of Dad with the girls. I know he had a great time!

J, E, M & I said...

I LOVE the idea of the candy conference!!