Saturday, April 1, 2017

Sawyer 2 years, 8 months


He likes to play act bedtime . He will tell you "Go to sleep! I'll leave the door open a little bit, you wait for me". And then we will switch. 
He has a war story from when he hurt his knees. He tells me the story of his boo boo several times a day. He was picking berries outside his sister's dance studio and fell and hurt his knee pretty badly. I would be surprised if he doesn't remember the event when he is older as much as he tells the story😂
Slides down stairs on tush
Worst tantrums yet-battle for control
Puts on hot pads on his hands and pretends he is a crab
Only sleeps with door open. He says every night multiple times, "I go in my crib, can you leave door open little bit, can I wait for you?"
Rarely naps anymore
Picky eater even more now
"That feel good/nice"
Favorite number 5
Favorite color green
I'm 2, I'm turning 3 (holds up correct fingers)
Knows left from right
When he he is hungry, will tell me "mommy, Sawyer's hungry, lets get a snack"
Likes to say "I'm a boy", " Laneah is a girl", etc
Likes to make goofy faces so people will laugh "watch this mommy" and usually role his eyes up and shakes his head
He likes to come up behind you and wrap his arms around you and put you in a choke hold.
He has a great throw and aim
Sawyer always wants to be outside, even (or especially) in the rain. 




When we go on walks, he likes to pick up leaves, pinecones and rocks. 
He likes to use the salt grinder. When he salted this bowl of broccoli, he said "I'm a chef!"

Our second trip to Sky Zone he still wanted me to jump with him, but he wasn't scared at all like the first time. 




Jason has meetings every Sunday morning, so I have to get all the kids out the door plus the diaper bag, and my church bag (for teaching), in heels, in a car parked a decent amount away, with a child who doesn't want to get into said car. 
He loves his stuffed animals, especially puppy and moose. 

He likes to bring the trash can around to the back yard. 
Here he is as a "crab"

He really likes playing with play dough. He likes repetition and we do the same things with the play dough every time. The red dough we make "apples", the green dough we make "peas" and we cook them in pan (the play dough container lid). We make alligators, who eat the apples and peas. Then we make airplanes and as I fly them, Sawyer uses his play dough scissors to cut them out of the sky. 



For the most part he is my shopping buddy. He will say things like "oh, that will look good on me" or "mommy, we should get that". At Old Navy, he picked out this Batman hat and a bouncy ball and was showing them off to me. 
I keep telling him to stop growing, but he isn't listening!! 😭
He is my sweet little boy and I love him so much!

0 comments: