Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Magic House

Our first activity in St Louis was The Magic House. I hadn't been since I was a kid and they had added on a new wing. It is a giant children's playseum/science center. But is built from two giant three story houses. I like it because it is very well maintained and it is clean and updated. Most playseums I have been too are either dirty or at the very least worn. The Magic House looks brand new even though it was around when I was little. What I don't like about it is that is gets insanely crowded to the point that you can't move. We went early in the morning during the week right when they opened and got in a good three hours before it got too packed for us. The girls had lots of fun and we only saw half of the place it was so big. 

 Laneah wouldn't do the static ball without me:)
 She was a little hesitant to go down the two story slide but then she did it three times. 
 They had a vet clinic which the girls loved of course. It had kennels with animals inside and a fact sheet outside the kennel with the animals information. You could pick an animal and then take care of it. 






 We eventually made it out of the clinic to the grocery store. 

 And then stopped to get some ice cream:)

 Brooklyn wanted to put a tire on a car.
 And Laneah wanted to be a mechanic as well.

 This was a really cool exhibit. It took the kids through the lives of two kids (a boy and a girl) from the 1800s.


 They had this leap pad climbing gym.

 The room we went to was the art room.


 The completed masterpieces.

There were a ton of rooms that we went to that were fun too I just didn't get great pictures in them. The girls had so much fun so I am glad we went and I am really glad it wasn't overcrowded. 

1 comments:

Nana said...

Such a wonderful Day! I miss you all so much!