Friday, July 22, 2011

Brooklyn at 18 months

Our little Brooklyn (aka BrookeBrooke, Brooke-a-look-a-lyn, or Brookie Boo) is now a year and a half. Time is going fast, but she is still so tiny, so it makes the transition easier. Here is what this munchkin has been up to:
*Brooklyn decided that she will only eat with a fork. If there isn't a fork with her food, she won't eat it. She does really well with the fork (better than Laneah, who still tries to eat everything with her hands) and is proud of her accomplishment.


*She is finally down to one nap a day. I was beginning to think that the day would never come. It makes planning things so much easier.
*She is saying a few new words: done, drink, eyes and hi. But she still prefers to communicate in her own way. She hardly ever uses words, even the ones that she knows. For example, she said "hi" for the first time 3 weeks ago, and has only said it twice since. She would rather just wave. 


*Brooklyn's feet finally grew to match her long legs. She went from a small 3 to a full 4 this month. If her feet grow even the slightest I will have to get size 5 for her. 


*She is a very social girl. She loves people and wants people to notice her and think she is cute. If you aren't paying attention to her, she will come up to you and pat you until you look at her. She will do this to complete strangers too, but only if I am holding her or very close by. 


*Oh the squealing! This is one thing I can't wait to end. She still does it, and is encouraged by Laneah. They have contests which is pretty funny for the first minute and then your ears can't take anymore.


*She loves animals but is very cautious with them. If they get too close she gets scared.


*When we were at the pool, I was putting her on the edge of the pool and taking her hands and saying "1,2,3" and then pick her up and dunk her halfway into the water. She loved it and even though she didn't say "1,2,3" She said "da,da,da" in the same inflection as me and then she did one of the funniest things that I think toddlers do: she toddler jumped. She would bend halfway down, and then shoot straight up, thinking that she jumped, but she didn't actually get off the ground. So so so cute!
*We have been working on naming body parts and she loves pointing out eyes, mouth, nose. But especially the eyes and she will say "eyes" as well.


*She loves to sniff/smell and blow her nose. She is crazy about smelling my scentsy bars. If she see one she seriously freaks out until I open it and let her smell. This video show her sniffing, it is so funny.
*Brooklyn is in the "mine" phase. She gets very upset when anyone has one of her blankets, toys or even something that she wants.


*She loves to cuddle and watch movies. Her favorite movie is Tangled and she cracks up every time Flynn gets hit with the frying pan. 
*She doesn't like to have her diaper changed and likes to be bare bummed. She is noticing when she goes pee and poop and will come up to me and grab her diaper to let me know she is going, or has gone and needs a new diaper. Maybe she will be easy to potty train when the time comes. (crossing my fingers:)
*She still loves peek-a-boo and is so cute with it because she will cover her own face or she will bend down and hide and then pop up. I love it.


*Brooklyn loves her mommy and daddy 50/50. She has no preference, but she does really love her dad and Jason can't get enough. He spoils her to no end. Laneah is 100% mommy. Jason can't get hugs, kisses, read to her or play with her without lots of persuasion. So when Brooklyn showed him lots of love, he was instantly wrapped around her little finger. They are really cute together. He is smitten.
*Now when I get the camera out and say "smile" she really hams it up and gives me this cheesy smile:
*She wants to be outside all the time. She will grab her shoes, bring them to me, and then point to the door. The park is one of her favorite places and when she discovered the tire swing, she wouldn't get off. 






*She is getting 4 teeth in right now, the painful I(or is it eye?)  teeth, so she has been pretty cranky for her. But once they are all through, she will have all her teeth but her 2 year molars.


*Brooklyn is a girly-girl. She loves dresses, the more fancy, the better. She wants all the accessories and has to carry a purse everywhere. These pictures crack me up. She looks like a miniature teenager texting and talking on the phone. Sorry, I know it is an overload, but they are all so cute, I wanted them all up.
Lots and lots of pictures, I know, but she is so cute, I just can't get enough. She is so sweet and easy going. She is a great little toddler and we love her so much.

4 comments:

Laura and Chris said...

so cute! i love the "diva" pictures!

Nana said...

I miss her so much! I love all the pictures. Her hair is so adorable!!!I love those curls.She is just growing up so fast! What a wonderful blessing she and Laneah are in our life! I can't wait until the next time I can give them hugs and Nana kisses!

Heather said...

I can see so much personality coming out of her! Such a doll. You must love having two in the "mine" and scraming phases, right? Love all these cute pictures of you and your beautiful girls.

Jan said...

She is so cute!