Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hawaii- Kauai Day 6

Our last day in Hawaii was bittersweet. We had half of a day to pack and see a few more things. We went to Wake Up Hanalei Cafe for breakfast. It was highly recommended by all the magazines but wasn't the greatest. I got a macadamia nut cinnamon roll which was pretty good. After breakfast we went and did a little shopping and got some delicious shaved ice. It was the most delicious I had on the trip. I got passion fruit, melona and guava flavored ice with pineapple coconut ice cream. It was heaven. After we finished our shaved ice we went to the Wailua Falls and river. I had really wanted to kayak down the Wailua River and seen the waterfall, but we didn't end up having enough time and no one else wanted to do it anyway.
 The waterfall was beautiful and even had a big rainbow for us to look at.

Then it was time to grab lunch and head for the airport. I was ready to get to St Louis and see the girls. I was nervous because the tornado had just hit the airport there and it was closed. I wasn't sure when I would get home. It took 24 hours of traveling, but I made it to my babies. It was so good to see them:) Hawaii was a magical trip and we had such a great time. It was wonderful to have some time without kids to just relax and enjoy each other's company (most of the time, lol). Seriously though, it was a much needed vacation and it was great.

0 comments: