Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Team Umizoomi Birthday Party

For Brooklyn's 3rd birthday she wanted to have a Team Umizoomi party. Team Umizoomi is Brooklyn's favorite cartoon and I love it because it is all about math; numbers, shapes, and patterns. I made her a cake, and cupcakes. Since it is a newer show, there are no party supplies to be had anywhere so I had to get creative. Luckily Nickjr.com did have a few ideas and printables  and you can always count on Etsy. I ordered Brooklyn's outfit from there. 





The kids table
I made number sugar cookies and had a decorating table for the kids to decorate them. 


 My parents and my sister and her husband were all able to be there for the party. 
 I made 2 lollipop trees. Can you guess how many there are? 240 per tree!
Nickjr.com had some free printable coloring pages so I had a coloring station for the kids as well.


Cupcake pinata.
We had a lot of people coming so I had to have it at the church, but it turned out. 





We had the party between lunch and dinner so we just had snacks and cake/cupcakes. We had a chick fil-a nugget platter, cheese and crackers, chips and dip, and a fruit tray with dip. We cut the watermelon into star shapes, and the cantaloupe into heart shapes.  
One of the activities was for the kids to "feed" Bot. 
This is the face I get when I tell her to smile. Little stinker. She was so excited when she walked into the church. 





Brooklyn with her friend Sienna.

Not the best picture of her face, but it is a good picture of her whole outfit. 


I know it is a little blurry, but when she walked in she was so excited and pointing to everything and saying "my umi pody!"
The present station.
Brooklyn didn't eat much except crackers and cheese and fruit. 

Camden, Charlotte and Cullen. 
I found these cute striped paper straws at Target. The kids loved them in their water bottles. 

The kids loved all the games. I was so relieved. The first game was feeding Bot. 



The scavenger hunt was the one I was most worried about since the kids were mostly 2 and 3, but they all LOVED it. They were so into it. They had to find shapes and numbers I had "hidden" in the hallway. 


Then we decorated cookies. I put all the frosting in bottles and I also had gel pens and sprinkles. It was perfect; no one got messy and they all had fun making their own number. 



Then I gave everyone their loot bags and we headed to the piñata  I may not be much fun, but I always go with the pull string piñata instead of using a bat. Especially with kids this little.  








After the games we sat down for cakes and cupcakes. Most kids couldn't resist a cupcake that had 3 lollipops on it:)




Brooklyn was so cute opening presents. She is usually really good at sharing and giving. She got confused and when I would tell her who the present was from, she would get up and give the gift back to the person thinking that it was for them not from them. 






She got a craft kit, a Team Umizoomi remote control race car, a singing birthday cake with plates and silverware, Minnie Mouse with dress ups, a microphone, and much more. Her favorite presents were this Minnie Mouse Dress and the Umi car. As soon as she opened the dress, she wanted to put it on. 
After a fun, but exhausting party, it was time to clean up and head home. It was a great party and Brooklyn had so much fun. Now I think I have earned my 11 month break from party planning:)

2 comments:

Nana said...

Such great pictures! It was so great to be there! Brooklyn is such a beautiful,sweet girl! I love her so much!

Heather said...

Yet another amazing party, Rachel! Every little detail was perfect. I can't believe this little girl of yours is 3!!! You definitely deserve a break from party planning, but I doubt that you'll take it. :) Love you!