Monday, December 31, 2012

Laneah is 5 years old!



An interview with the birthday girl:

1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. What is your favorite toy? My microphone
3. What is your favorite fruit? watermelon
4. What is your favorite tv show? Scooby Doo
5. What is your favorite movie? Wreck It Ralph
6. What is your favorite thing to wear? Brave Dress
7. What is your favorite animal? Dolphin
8. What is your favorite song? Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson
9. What is your favorite book? Barbie Learn to read books
10. Who is your best friend? I have lots of best friends; Scarlette, Maddie and Ezra
11. What is your favorite snack? crackers and cheese
12. What is your favorite drink? Chocolate Milk
13. What is your favorite breakfast? Captain Crunch Peanut butter cereal
14. What is your favorite lunch? Mac and Cheese
15. What is your favorite dinner? Chinese food
16. What is your favorite game? Scooby Doo game
17. What is your favorite thing to play outside? hopscotch 
18. What is your favorite holiday?  Christmas 
19. What do you sleep with at night? Pinka (her special blanket)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor, a cheerleader and a rockstar
We started off the day with birthday pancakes. Laneah wanted to open her present before pancakes. We saved one present for her actually birthday. It was Barbie's Princess and the Popstar movie. Laneah exclaimed "I've been dying for this!" 

We love our birthday pancakes with colorful sprinkles and lots of whipped cream.
Then Laneah received a phone call from Mickey Mouse wishing her happy birthday and I showed a video of her on a Mickey Mouse clubhouse episode (both free on disney jr).
*Laneah continues to make us laugh. She sounds so grown up. 

*She decided she no longer wants to marry Mickey Mouse because "my grandchildren will be mice and that's weird"

*After opening her rockstar set of a microphone, stand and vest she said "am I a rocker girl now"? and I said "You are a rock star!" She replied happily, "oh great! I don't have to stay at home anymore!" 

* She calls a sandwich "sam itch"

*She loves being a rock star. Her stage name is Sparkle and she has to wear a wig when she performs  because she doesn't want people to "neckerize"(recognize) her. She put on her first concert during Christmas at my parents house and had Jason help her make concert tickets for everyone. 


*When Laneah is procrastinating sleep she will dress up as a princess and say, "I am not Laneah, I am ______(whatever princess she is dressed up as) ,  don't worry though, I will take care of Laneah"
*She changed her name one day. She declared "call me super girl from now on, I am not Laneah anymore!"


*Laneah is very creative and loves to build things and make things. 
*She has been drawing and writing letters nonstop for the past couple of months. She wrote me this sweet letter and it melted my heart. 
*She still has lots of energy; except when it's something she doesn't want to do. Then it's "I'm tired" in a whiny voice.
Laneah has been taking gymnastics lessons. It is nice because she is the only one in the class so it's basically private lessons. 
She already earned her first medal. She is very good when she focuses and listens. 
*She randomly developed allergies to apples, carrots, peaches. Her tongue itches and she gets a rash around her mouth. 
*She loves spending time with her Nana. 
*She loves being with friends and is constantly asking for play dates. 
Laneah is so much fun. She is starting to mellow out some and has really been trying to be a good girl. She can be the sweetest thing sometimes and I love her hugs and kisses. I can't believe she is already 5 and I treasure all the time I have had with her and am looking forward to more adventures. 

2 comments:

Heather said...

She has a stage name!?! That's awesome! I love all of her personality. She seems like she has one speed--HIGH! We know all about that... Isabaella is also loving gymnastics. We're trying other sports, but she always comes back to gymnastics, so maybe we'll just stay put for a while. Happy 5th birthday to your little princess!

Nana said...

Laneah is so beautiful! I love her with all my heart! She is such a great blessing in my life. Rachel you amazing in so many ways! Thank you for this blog!I love you too!