Sunday, May 20, 2012

Brooklyn at 2 years, 4 months

Brooklyn is doing very well with her speech therapy and has several new words and she has gotten really good at imitating. Some of her new words are:


"wok" walk
"seet" sit
"dop!"stop
"doe up" (fruit roll up)
"deek" stick- for cheese stick mostly


*She is even putting a few words together like "nak pease" (snack please) 


*She still has a sweet tooth but her favorite foods right now are Campbells Noodle Character soup, either Dora or Princesses, and turkey and cheese. Fruit snacks are her most requested food. 
Brooklyn always has to have a purse or backpack full of random odds and ends. 
*Brooklyn is full or charm and people are drawn to her. She makes friends everywhere we go and people will randomly come up and give her things or talk to her. I can't go anywhere with her, without several people commented on her hair, or clothes or just how darn cute she is. 
*She is going through a little hitting phase which hasn't been good. When she gets upset sometimes she crosses her arms, lowers her head and gives everyone the stink eye. It is so cute and funny. 
*She loves to give lots of hugs and is still my cuddle bug. When she wakes up in the morning or from her nap, she wants to cuddle for a little while. Lately she has been wanting me to tickle her foot. Not in a giggly way to make her laugh, but a comforting tickle, like the way you would tickle someone's back. The first time I did it she went into a little trance and her eyes glazed over. When I stopped to do it to her arm, she hit my hand away, put her foot up and demanded "more!". Since then she will randomly come up to me and put out her foot and say "foot" for me to tickle her foot. 
*Brooklyn wants to push her own kid cart at the grocery store now. The last time we went she was behind me and I snapped a picture of her pushing her cart. I turned away to look at the cereal and then turned around not a minute later to see...
this! She had filled up her cart with fruit snacks! lol
*She loves hats; this one is from Firehouse Subs (I love that place)
*She still likes playing with  baby dolls. Here she is brushing her dolls teeth. 
*Brooklyn is very active and likes when we go to open gym. 

*She is starting to sing and is completely tone deaf like Jason. She is so cute when she sings though. Her favorite movie is called Colors. It is a preschool prep movie that we rent from the library. There is a part when "yellow" sings on stage and Brooklyn sings along. She only does a little in this video, usually she sings the whole thing and it always cracks me up. 
*Her hair is getting so long. This is what it looks like wet without the curls. 
*She likes to play baseball with me. 
and sometimes just likes to put the ball in her mouth and pretend she is a  dog. lol.
*She has  been loving her Elmo Rocks that she got for Christmas. I honestly think that she forgot about it and it is like a new present. 
My poor baby got very sick this month and it was scary. She had a fever for nine days and they did all kinds of tests on her. But it turned out to just be a really bad virus, although I got strep right after she got better so her rapid strep test might have been wrong. 
Brooklyn is full of personality. She can be stubborn at times, but is just full of sweetness. Guess all those fruit snacks pay off:)

2 comments:

Heather said...

What's not to love about fruit snacks? I didn't know she was sick. So scary. I'm glad she's recovered and is back to her sweet, stubborn self. Just the way we love her. :) I would be one of those people stopping you to say how cute she is. I love everything about her.

Nana said...

Brooklyn is so beautiful! I love our sweet baby girl! I'm so thankful that she is feeling better. I sure wish I could be there to get some of those sweet hugs.