Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ice Skating in Forest Park

On Monday Jason, Laneah and I went ice skating at an outside rink in Forest Park. My dad came along, but didn't want to skate. Everyone else was feeling too sick to come. Jason wanted to bring Brooklyn but I said she was too young plus we needed stronger skaters to come. Jason is terrible and I had a hard enough time holding Laneah up. I am a decent skater, but hadn't been in at least five years if not longer. I got the hang of it soon enough. Jason had to be by the railing; he didn't fall but had some close calls. 
 Laneah was SO excited to go ice skating. She had been begging me to take her for a long time.





 Almost as soon as we got on the ice, everyone had to get off so they could smooth it out again. Laneah waited anxiously to get back on the ice.
Laneah was a natural. Once she skated a while, she did it a little by herself. She was so proud and so was I. 

 They had a fire pit and Laneah wanted to warm her hands.
 After a couple hours, the temperature dropped and it started to sleet. Laneah didn't want to leave but it was too cold. We let her play in the "snow" (from the ice rink) for a few minutes before we left. 

That night we roasted marshmallows for smores. We were going to do it outside in the fire pit but it was raining/sleeting hard so we made a fire in the fire place and roasted marshmallows there instead. 

 Brooklyn made her own version of smores. She just ate the chocolate and marshmallows straight from the bag. 

It was a fun day but my arm and shoulder were so sore from holding her up. Laneah can't wait to go ice skating again though:)

1 comments:

Nana said...

I'm so glad you were all well and able to go ice skating! I know Dad had fun with you guys and watching Laneah skate for the first time!