Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Circus

 On Saturday we took Laneah to the circus in D.C. We took the Metro in and Laneah loved riding on the "train" as she called it. When they are shutting the doors, an automated voice says "step back, doors closing". Laneah kept thinking it was telling her to sit back and every time she would gasp and yell "sit back!" because of course she never sits still. 


I thought she might be a little scared in the city because of all the people in D.C. for the Cherry Blossom Festival, but she took in all of the people and noises and didn't seem to mind a bit. 


We got there just in time for the circus to start. Laneah was in awe from start to finish. She loved the acrobats. She kept saying "I can do that too, look at me". 
 She thought the tigers were "so cool". She had a bag of peanuts and she kept trying to feed the tigers, but really just dropping them on the heads of the poor people below us. lol

 I am amazed at what some of these people can do. 
 In this video, the guy is on stilts and gets catapulted into the air, does and flip and then lands on his stilts. They did other outstanding things too.


 Laneah loved it, as you can tell from her various expressions in the pictures to follow. She was so upset at intermission because she thought it was over. When I told her it wasn't over she was so excited and kept yelling "yay! More circus!"



 Laneah's favorite part by far was seeing the elephants, although it was a pretty short act.
 Laneah enjoying a $12 snowcone, oh the joys of the circus.

 And then it was the finale. Jason and I were a little disappointed in the show, but Laneah loved it and that is all that matters. I think she loved having alone time with just us too. 
It was a lot of fun and I am glad that we went .

4 comments:

Heather said...

Laneah did so much better at the circus than Isabella did at that age. If it weren't for the popcorn and extra activities I brought, we wouldn't have made it through it. She looked like she had a great time. And you're right--they love the one-on-one. I'm convinced my kids would love being only children. :) We so can't wait to see you! I'll call shortly to talk details.

Al said...

That looked like so much fun!! i love that laneah was trying to feed the tigers peanuts. :)

Nana said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun! I loved the expressions on Laneah's face! She lives life to the max!

K+C=M+K said...

I don't know if I've said it enough, but you guys have the most fun ever!! It seems like you are always out and about doing the most awesome stuff! Your girls are so lucky!