Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2 Years Old!

Laneah turned two on Sunday, but I wanted to wait until her two year old check up to post this so I could add her stats.

Height: 34 1/4 - 60th percentile
Weight: 26.7 - 50th percentile


Some favorite words:

"Mall" Laneah and I go to the mall quite often for Kidsinger Jim concerts and story time at Pottery Barn Kids. One day all three of us got in the car to go somewhere and while Jason was strapping in Laneah, she looked at him and asked "Mall?" Jason was like "oh no, not already!" I just cracked up...yep, already.

"Sason and Rachul" My mom, Laneah and I were at Best Buy and I was looking for something. Laneah was apperently trying to get my attention, and when she was unsuccessful she yelled "Rachul!" Well that got my attention right away, lol. Later that day when we were home, Jason was upstairs and I needed something from him so I yelled "Jason" Next thing I know, Laneah starts shouting "Sason!" You can hear her calling for him at the end of this video.


"Ta Da!" and "sufize" surprise. She usually yells ta da when she opens something and surprise when she hides or tries to sneak up on you.
"Home" When we pull up to the house she says "home" and then she usually says it again when we walk up to the front door. When she pretends she is on the phone talking to some one, or knocks on someone's door, she usually asks "Halow (hello) anybody home?

"The End" One day we were reading books, and when we got to the end, Laneah yelled "the end!" And now she does it whenever we read any books and sometimes at the end of a cartoon.

"Stars", "moon", and "sky" On Thanksgiving Jason took Laneah outside and showed her the stars and the moon. Now she talks about the stars and moon all the time and notices them everywhere; in books, movies, the sky, etc.

"puffules" puzzles- she is just starting to get into puzzles and is getting some for Christmas:)

"peas" please. She is now using please and thank you frequently and it is so cute!

"Candy"

"show me"

"Hey! What ew doin'?

"Oosh coud" cold

"Empty"

"Open" A big battle right now is that Laneah wants to have open drinks. We think it is a great idea, except she wants to run around with open drinks and spills them everywhere. So we don't normally let her have an open cup. Thus a battle ensues. She also wants all drink options available to her during meals: a cup of apple juice, a cup of orange juice, a cup of milk and a cup of water.

"Sure"

"Again" and "More" Especially when it comes to food:)

Music and Songs:

Laneah has always been very interested in music, but now she has started humming, singing along and even trying to conduct music. She also enjoys playing instruments.
I love when she sings along, she has a sweet little voice, but can belt it too:)

Puppet song- At music makers there is a song with puppets that is Laneah's favorite song. We don't have any puppets so at home she will use a sock or anything else that can pass for a puppet and yell "la, la la!" This is the song. The video is a little shaky, sorry, I wasn't filming it:)


Stickers song- she still loves the sticker song by Kidsinger Jim, and loves stickers in general. She likes to put them all over herself.
The Bumble Bee Song- I couldn't remember how the last verse ended so I made it up and said "all better", so now Laneah will say it too: "awl budder" all better


Twinkle, Twinkle- This is the first song that she started singing along to. I was singing it to her before she went to bed and she started singing along and it was so cute and unexpected I started laughing and then she started laughing and it took us a long time to get through the song. In this video, you can't tell, but she is singing to the star on the top of our tree.

Itsy Bitsy Spider


New and Current Things:

Laneah has become very attached to stuffed animals and "blankies" She sleeps with 5 stuffed animals every night and likes to carry around blankets. She doesn't have to have a particular stuffed animal or blanket , but she does have a puppy named "coco" that is her favorite. The puppy in the picture below is "Rusty". She likes him a lot because he barks and wags his tail.
Dress up- Laneah likes to dress up even more now. She got dress up shoes and tiaras for her birthday. She also likes to put on her Halloween costume and walk around. She will dress up in shoes, a tiara, necklaces and a purse on each arm. It is really cute. I need to get her some princess dresses too.

(Wearing my knee high boots)She is starting to help pick up. She likes to put things away if it is a game. She has a long way to go, but it is a start:)

Spitting. Ugh! She spits all the time. A lot of times she will fill her mouth with her drink (water, milk, whatever) and then spit it out all over herself.

Still a lot of separation anxiety with mommy, hopefully it will get better before the baby comes.

Laneah has a fake cry and a fake laugh; both are amusing.

I can't believe that my little girl is two. She is beautiful and amazing and fills us with joy!

4 comments:

Al said...

I love the pix! Laneah is growing up so unbelievably fast! I'm looking at them on my iPod right now so the videos won't play, but I'll get on later and look at those. Love ya!

Nana said...

I miss you guys! Ok so I admit i did all the filming! It may not me great but at least we have it recorded. So that I can watch them and they can brighten my day. Papa wants you to tell Laneah that she sings and dances wonderfully. We love you all! Merry Christmas!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Laneah! I love her expressions in so many of those pictures. You can tell that she has a lot of personality :) She's cute as can be and already very talented. She has a great vocabulary, and clearly she's musically inclined. If she can sing like her mama, she's going to do big things :) Merry Christmas!

Darla Patrick said...

I am so happy for you!!!! I love your little family!