Sunday, January 22, 2012

Laneah at 4 years, 1 month

Laneah is getting so big. It is incredible how much kids change each month. So here are some new things my little 4 year old is up to:


*She loves to play "rockstar". She still likes to watch the Fresh Beat Band sometimes, but loves their new song "Rockstar". She has always wanted to play the drums (along with several other instruments; this girls wants to do everything). She pretends she is a rockstar all the time and I caught her pulling out all the pots and pans and she put on a concert for us. 
I think this is my favorite video of her of all time. 
Her new (some funny, some not) words are:


*"Thats disgusting"
*"These are my sweaty pants, they make me sweat" referring to sweat pants.
*"fantastic"
*"nut ballet"- She saw a short performance of the Nutcracker Ballet at Christmas time and was hooked. She kept telling us she wanted to see the "nut ballet"
*"I sink so" (think)
*"marote" -remote
*"I told you"
*And this one makes me sad, but she says hate. The worst is when she says she hates me or Jason or other people. Breaks.my.heart. I know all kids go through it at some point though. 
*"I Win!" This is another one I don't care for. I have tried to keep out competition but the time has come. She has started to cheat at games as well, but if she doesn't play by the rules, we don't play. She gets mad, but she has to learn.
*We have been reading the scripture stories every night and she likes to tell her version of the story which is cute. She likes to talk about being a child of God, choosing the right and other things she has learned through the scriptures and in Primary. 




New and Current Things:


*She still enjoys being silly. Although she thinks if she is annoying me that is funny too. She likes to make people laugh but she also likes getting any reaction, good or bad.
 *Laneah loves to sing. She sings with me, she sings along to songs in the car and she sings to herself. Her favorite songs right are 'Rockstar' by the Fresh Beat Band and 'Someone Like You' by Adele. She cracks me up with what she thinks some of the lyrics to the songs are. She has been singing the 7 days of the week song at school and home but misses half the days, it is so precious:
 and I also love when she sings 'Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer' because of the names she comes up with for the reindeer. So funny:
*She still loves to be tickled.
 *She likes to play patty cake games and is learning about rhythm. 


*Laneah likes to show everyone how she can gargle and how she can blowing bubbles in her drink.

 *Here she is singing her heart out.
 *Dance parties are always a big hit; especially when daddy joins us.

 *She loves to pretend to be Rapunzel and have you "climb" up her hair.

 *After her bath she likes to lay on the bed and have us put globs of lotion all over her so she can rub it in. I don't know why, but she thinks it is really funny.
 *She is obsessed with my makeup. This day we were getting ready for a princess ball.
 *She loves to pose for pictures and dance like a ballerina. 

 *Laneah loves crafts, but makes such a huge mess every time that we don't do too many.
 *She came to me the other day with all these bows in her hair and said "mom, I did my hair, doesn't it look pretty?" Of course, you always looks pretty.
 *She still would eat out every day if she could. She just loves to eat. As longs as she keeps up her energy level I suppose thats ok. Especially since she eats lots of fruits and veggies  too.
 *We are working on counting to 100 and she is doing pretty well. We are also working on basic addition.


*She loves playing her new Leap Pad and is getting better at it. She also really likes watching the Leap Frog DVDs which are great learning tools.
 *She loves to run and be chased and plays that game with Brooklyn a lot.
Laneah is still a ball of energy; just go go go all day long. She is a tomboy in a lot of ways. She likes anything gross or slimy. She likes getting dirty and being stinky(she cracks up when I pretend her armpits stink) and is still into everything. I wish I had her energy:) She is learning and growing and is very curious about the world and how everything works. She likes to observe people and is very sensitive to feelings. Sometimes she uses that to be sweet and sometimes she uses it to provoke. She has a strong spirit and I hope to cultivate that so she can have a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and the gospel so she can grow up to be happy and full of love. So here we go to another month of adventure!

3 comments:

Nana said...

It's true that if you could bottle Laneah's energy and sell it you could be very wealthy!She is such a strong beautiful spirit. I love her so very much!I'm so very thankful that she is such a special part of my life!!I sure miss all of you!

Jeremy and Jessica said...

Oh My! Can Laneah and I be in a band together?! She totally rocks! I agree.. best video ever..

Heather said...

This is too funny--Isabella has those same footless leggings and shirt--and they are a favorite rockstar outfit of hers as well. They could be band mates! The clips sure made for a beautiful hair do. :) Love reading these stories.