Monday, October 11, 2010

Niagara Falls Part 1: Maid of the Mist

We got to Niagara Falls Saturday night at 11 pm. After checking in we took a stroll to the Falls to see them at night. They shine different color lights on them and it looks awesome. My camera doesn't take good pictures at night, so I am not going to post any of the night pictures, but it is probably a good thing, because I am going to bombard you with pictures. Mostly because I print my blog into a book every year, and I want these pictures to be in there. But hopefully you will enjoy the pictures as much as I do. Our hotel was right at the entrance to the State Park with the Falls themselves. When we woke up in the morning we went back out to check out the Falls during the daytime. Wow, it is mind blowing. Granted,. I love nature, but I think everyone would love the Falls. Here you can see the American Falls up close and part of the Horseshoe Falls (on the Canadian side) in the distance.
 
 The Rainbow Bridge to Canada.

 It was a nice day for October; sunny and in the mid seventies, so we decided to go on the Maid of the Mist boat ride. It takes you right up to the Falls. This isn't our boat, but you can see it takes you right into the mist at the Falls.
They give you these great looking ponchos to wear because you do get wet.

 
 View of one of the rainbows from the boat.
View of the American Falls
You can't see us very well because of the mist but we are right under the Horseshoe Falls here
 
The boat ride was exhilarating. Jason and I both loved it, and those ponchos kept us pretty dry:). 

1 comments:

Al said...

i love Niagara falls! i've only been there once though. my favorite view was from the canadian side. i'm glad you and jason had such a good time!