Wednesday, June 30, 2010

St Louis

We had a great time in St Louis. We got to see my whole family too! My brother Jacob came for a couple of hours. He had been working in Florida on a temporary job, but was able to get a full time job there so he came back to get his truck and possessions. It was great to have everyone together, even it was just for a couple of hours.
One of Laneah's favorite things we did was go to the Incredible pizza company. They had just built one near my parent's house and we had never been. The place was huge! They had a huge buffet of food, video arcade room, toddler play room, go kart race track, bumper cars, indoor glow-in-the-dark mini golf, and a mini bowling alley. Laneah had so much fun. It was her first time in a go kart and she loved it. She kept yelling "go fast! Go fast!" and a couple times she grabbed the wheel from me we would swerve all over the place. It was a lot of fun.
Laneah loves bowling, she talks about it all the time. She had a blast throwing the ball. At first she would just throw it over her head, but we showed her how to granny bowl and she got really good at it.
She was too hyped up in the mini golf. She just ran around and would pick up the balls and put them in the hole. It was really funny.
Brooklyn LOVED her Nana. I have never heard her laugh so hard and so much. My mom could get her to laugh all day long.

My parents have an indoor cat, Jack and an outdoor cat, Tasha. Laneah always had to have a cat to pet. If there wasn't, she would recruit someone to help her find Jack or Tasha.
Both girls loved the extra attention they got. Especially Laneah, because she got pretty much everything she wanted:) Uncle Alex took her for a ride on his skateboard.
My dad, Andrew and I took the girls to the St Louis Science Center, Laneah ran around and had fun, but it was still a little old for her.
The Science Center has a bridge that goes over the highway and you can look at the cars through binoculars and clock people's speed.
They also have some spots with just glass on the floor and Laneah loved looking at the cars go by
Laneah's favorite movie is story and so my mom and I took her to see Toy Story 3. It was a really funny movie. Laneah did really good until the last 30 minutes when all the soda and popcorn were gone:)

We got Brooklyn's ears pierced too. She did great. She cried for about 10 seconds, stuck her thumb in her mouth and was asleep before I even got out of the chair. I chose round gold balls for her. She looks so cute.
We went to the Butterfly House of course. I thought Laneah would really like it, but she didn't last long. Brooklyn was fascinated by the butterflies though.
This entire tree was covered in butterflies.
We also went with my brother Andrew to receive his Endowments at the temple to prepare for his upcoming mission and everyone but Jacob was able to be at Brooklyn's sealing. It was great to see my family, and spend time with them, I miss them all already!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so sad that we weren't able to see you. It looks like you guys had a great trip, and how wonderful that you got to see everyone. I wish that you guys lived closer :(

Nana said...

This made me cry I miss everyone so much! My arms ache for sweet baby Brooklyn!I miss Laneah's hugs and non-stop delight of discovering the world around her!You and Jason are so very blessed.I can't wait to see you guys. I love you all!

Al said...

i'm so glad i was able to come home for all of that!