Tuesday, October 20, 2009

22 Months

Today Laneah is 22 months. She grows and changes so much; each day is a new experience for her and it is fun watching her learn new things and explore the world.

Favorite Songs and dances:
Baby Bumble Bee
Mr. Alligator
Twinkle Little Star (she sings along and says "Dwinkle" instead of Twinkle, so cute!)


Just a few dance moves. I finally got the moon walk on video! That is not new at all, but new to video;) What is new is the attempted splits. She does that all the time now. Super cute.

Do the bunny hop! She loves to hop, she does it all day long. But it is especially fun when she has her bunny ears on.

A few of her new words and sounds:
Apple: She is currently obsessed with apples. She would never eat them before, but I discovered that she only likes to eat them whole, she won't eat the sliced apples. She asks for apples and gets excited whenever she sees apples or things that look like apples when we are out and about.

Her newest animal sound is my favorite. Sometimes Laneah gets up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. One of these nights, I was laying in her bed with her trying to get her to go back to sleep. I thought she had fallen asleep when all of the sudden she said "Whooooo....who..who...owl" I started cracking up. It was around 2 am and she was being a night owl. This was the first time she had ever made the owl sound and it completely took me by surprise. I was able to get her to say it on video while we were at Jason's mom's house watching conference.
One day I got out my camera and she yelled "cheese!" I have no idea where she got it from. It is really cute when she says it, but unfortunately this is the face she makes when she says it...so most of her recent pictures show this expression:)
Laneah will put her finger to her lips and whisper "shhh" now.


New things and current obsessions:
"Melmo!"

Laneah loves Elmo now, which is great for me because I get a break from Barney. She still wants to watch Barney, but loves Elmo equally. It is really cute because she calls him Melmo. She also likes the Wiggles, but I don't let her watch them very much because they don't have much educational value. She calls them "Gwiggles". I am not sure why she is adding letters before the word, because clearly she can say the word, but it is adorable.
Laneah loves getting dressed up in my clothes. Here she put on my leather jacket, but she puts on my clothes all the time. She also likes to dress down. Keeping clothes on her is very difficult, as soon as you look in another direction, her clothes are off (luckily she does not do this in public). It wouldn't be so bad if she was potty trained....need I say more? She also thinks it is hilarious to come up behind me and pull my pants down, luckily she hasn't done this in public either, lol.

Her imagination is starting to come through. She likes to pretend to be animals, especially kitties and puppies. She will crawl around and say 'meow' or 'woof, woof'. Really cute.

Laneah is really into coloring pictures with crayons. She also loves stickers. We play with these to things for just a few minutes at a time because she likes to eat the crayons and stickers and she also tries to put the crayons in her ears! Silly girl :)
She loves talking on the phone, especially to Nana and Poppa.

She says hi and bye to everything, and I mean everything. All day it sounds like this "hi clock, hi flag, hi kitty, hi bike" Laneah has a really sweet little girl voice, but she can yell too:)

She likes to put on her own lotion.

Laneah is throwing temper tantrums all the time now. Any little thing can set her off so it is really difficult to take her anywhere right now. She also likes to hit, but the doctor told us we could, and should, start to use time out (woo hoo!) and we have been doing that. Hopefully that will work.

We just love our feisty little girl. She is also very sweet and loving. She likes to snuggle and give hugs, which makes up for all the hitting and temper tantrums. She is also excited for her baby sister. We love her so much!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Isn't it crazy to think that in 2 months, you'll have a 2-year-old!?! And then a month later, you'll be a mom to 2 girls! Laneah clearly has so much personality--I love it. Elmo's painful, but I suppose not as bad as Barney. Isabella went through an Elmo phase with one movie, and I about lost it. I love reading about your little angel.

Nana said...

HOW FUN! You were always so busy at Laneah's age. Sometimes when I was really tired I would say "I hope you have a daughter just like you!" I'm so thankful that came true, because you are wonderful, and Laneah is totally terrific!! I can't wait to see you all.